My personal and professional interest in Human, Personal Development and Leadership with a focus on work/non-work experiences arises from my multi-faceted identity as work-life researcher, as business administrator professor as well as coach & consultant.
From researching and teaching at university, I comprehend organisations and leadership as a whole which enable me to apprehend the connections work-life in maybe an original and innovative way. I am also fully aware of the challenges of sustainable development that I do think can only be tackled if we do work together or with co-active thinking.
I wish to transfer this multi-level knowledge and this co-active sustainable way of thinking to you via JCL Coaching
Working towards sustainability
My personal and professional journeys are strongly associated with my wish to make an impact. In that regards, I wish to fully contribute to the so-called “SUSTAINABILITY”. Sustainability is about the three systems we live in. First, the environmental system as the Planet is at stake. Second, the social system as we People are at stake. Third, the economic system as our economies are at stake. Even if the notion of sustainability evolves over time, the centrality of these three stakeholders is constant so that we shall act here and now. With this in mind, I fully adopt in my business practices but also as part of my mission and vision, the 17 UN Sustainable Goals.
- As Business in my working processes, I believe in balancing the centrality of local economies, impact on close nature, ecological footprint and social impact.
- As Mission & Vision, I believe that work-life coaching, work-life consulting and work-life training fully enable, empower and prepare individuals for a better well-being which connects with UN Goal 3. I believe that getting higher well-being is a condition for organizations to perform in a sustainable way which connects with UN Goal 8. I finally believe that reaching higher well-being render individuals and organisations more autonomous and freer to engage as global citizens and global actors on our planet so that together we can act as partners as indicated in UN Goal 17.
By being Co-Active with individuals
I encourage individual’s self-development in what, how and why they can increase their work/non-work & leadership so that they can develop sustainable, unique and diverse humanistic relationships in your life. This implies that:
- we work together for you to become self-aware, knowledgeable, competent, reflective and open in what and how you can apprehend and tackle work-life & leadership challenges,
- we discover together your life puzzle & your leadership and together develop work-life & leadership strategies unique for you,
- I act as an inspirational and critical driver instructor on your work-life & leadership roads as we tackle together your work, non-work and work/non-work experiences and how your leadership at work and outside is appropriate to your harmonious life.
By being Co-Active with organisations
I support organisations in developing together and co-creating distinctive and tailored conditions enabling to develop sustainable, unique and diverse humanistic relationships. This implies that
- we analyse together your organisation’s structure, culture, strategies and policies in order to analyse their coherence towards work-life management and HR,
- we co-operate and co-produce unique and adapted work-life & leadership programmes as well as HR systems favouring sustainable individual and organisational well-being,
- I act as an inspirational and critical driver instructor on your roads to sustainable work-life and leadership development strategies.
My approach to work-life management
Life is like a puzzle and making all pieces of one’s life fit together in a harmonious puzzle is more complex than one may think. Individuals may have three ways to build their life puzzle: 1- pieces may be integrated and may overlap, 2-pieces may be separated and divided, or 3- pieces may get integrated and, at the same time, separated. But how is that working?
My research especially my thesis entitled: “Experiencing work/non-work – Theorising individuals’ process of integrating and segmenting work, family, social and private” offers an original frame, the “Individual’s Work/Non- Work Experiences Dashboard®” that put the human back at the centre of their life puzzling processes.
The dashboard reflects that segmenting AND integrating their 8 boundaries into their life puzzle for the harmony between one’s life domains namely one’s work, one’s family, one’s social and one’s private. The dashboard is entirely combined with my services to offer a systematic and holistic approach to personal and human development.
The dashboard enables individuals and organisations to think about:
- life domains without, a priori, considering solely work and family,
- work/non-work preferences as the combination of integration and segmentation of life domains,
- work/non-work strategies beyond traditional time and place management,
- leadership and self-leadership as resources to handle work/non-work strategies definition, implementation and maintenance
- work/non-work values and self-identity as engines work/non-work processes
- New Year – 5 days At the precise moment, how many are waiting for THE day that will make life different: the famous 1st of January? How many are looking…Read more